Acne is one of the most annoying skin issues that can be more frustrating when it leaves behind scars. Similar to other scars on the skin, some of the acne scars can take more time to be faded completely. If you have tried several over-the-counter acne products, creams, lotions, etc without any major effects, then you might consider micro-needling for acne scars. Also termed as derma rolling or skin needling, this process is effective in treating a variety of skin issues like scars and wrinkles when performed by an expert skin professional.
What Is Acne Scarring?
Acne is a skin condition where the oil glands of the skin get clogged up forming spots, pimples, and cysts beneath the dermal layer. As the skin gets blocked, oil glands are filled with excess oil, dead skin cells, and other debris. Inadequate skin care, infection of skin bacteria, and Hormonal imbalance can lead to the development of acne. Acne scarring occurs mostly due to inadequate skincare during active acne after completing the treatment. Acne scars are raised or hollow marks that are developed beneath the uppermost layer of the dermis. If acne is not treated well, then the skin will not have a good chance of healing by itself, which causes the development of uneven skin texture called acne scars. In aggravated cases, these scars can be ugly, denting the self-confidence of the individual.
How Micro-needling Helps Acne Scars?
- Micro-needling consists of tiny needles that cause micro-holes on the skin. Even though these are very small holes, skin recognizes them as wounds and stimulates the healing process in the body with the production of collagen. This enhancement of collagen in the skin aids in smoothening of scars along with other skin issues like wrinkles.
- The majority of individuals will see improvement in acne scars after initial treatments. Skin will see more bright, smooth, and firm layers as even individuals without scars will observe enhancements in their skin appearance. Usually, skin specialists will suggest one treatment with an interval of 4 to 6 weeks. There will be the administration of 3 to 4 sessions to get effective results and a follow-up procedure every year.
- Along with the collagen inducing effects, other scar removal drugs will show successful effects when they penetrate deeper into the skin. Usually, many topical applications will require some time to be absorbed into deeper skin layers due to which the healing process gets delayed. Micro-needling will enhance the absorption of topical medications. This procedure will create micro lesions on the skin surface and let it absorb skin lesions successfully. It will help the medications to reach the intended layers effectively.
- Micro-needling will work in two ways to aid in getting rid of acne scarring faster when compared to other available treatments. Hence, many skin experts will suggest the micro-needling treatment while employing other acne resolving medications. Many studies have shown that the impact of micro-needling on acne scars is more effective while it is blended with PRP treatments or Vitamin C. This treatment is also considered to be safe for even darken skin colors unlike other skin repair procedures like laser treatments since Micro-needling does not affect the outer skin layers and is also safer to be used on sensitive skin types.
Livra MD micro-needling:
- The Livra MD is an advanced type of micro-needling technique that does not make use of traditional micro-needling pens. It carries the advantage of improving the quality of skin aging issues while also improving wrinkles and fine lines, fading off acne scarring issues. Livra MS enhances skin health by encouraging skin quality by creating invisible micro-lesions in the skin to stimulate the skin cells called keratinocytes. These keratinocytes encourage the development of collagen due to the repair process.
- IPL, chemical peels, and laser procedures are some of the modern skincare treatments employed in aesthetic skin care clinics. Livra MD is different from all these procedures as it encourages improvement in the skin by growing epidermal growth factors but doing no damage to the skin. This treatment has shown to develop a natural-looking appearance by releasing elastin and collagen with cytokines.
- Traditional micro-needling will develop small holes in the skin and stimulate a natural healing response. These holes develop a healing pattern that triggers the development of collagen and grows a smooth healing surface. Some of the advanced aesthetic centers make use of the Livra MD technique to promote the development of new collagen in the body and develop healthy skin.
- Livra MD is the advanced form of micro-needling treatment that provides an immediate enhancement in the skin tone, texture, firmness, fine lines, wrinkles, and most importantly, resolves acne issues. If you follow all the right suggestions given by your skin experts then Livra MD can beautifully enhance the skin quality and provide you with an excellent enhancement of acne issues. Hence, it is key to associate with a reliable skin expert who can offer you advanced and trusted ideas in skincare.
Even though acne scars will resolve slowly over a long time, they can be ugly and dent the self-confidence of people. Hence, a significant portion of individuals will want to employ effective measures to fade them quickly and get back the original glowing skin. There are many over the counter skincare products in the market that will aid in improving acne issues, but they cannot clear the acne scars completely. Further, the majority of these products lose their effects once you stop using them. But micro-needling offers benefits that will stay for much longer when compared to other procedures in the market. Experience the improvement in acne issues, skin tone, and texture with Livra MD treatments at Bella Rose Medical Aesthetics who are experts in showing you how to make your skin look attractive again. Our team of talented and experienced medical professionals blends modern medical technology and skill to offer you the best treatment and enhance your self-esteem like never before.