Brazilian butt lift surgery (BBL) is a fat fixing treatment that enhances the shape and fullness of the buttocks by employing the fat from the same individual. This method has overtaken traditional treatments such as butt implants due to its exciting and tailored outcomes. But Brazilian butt lift surgery comes with some complications and risks associated with other surgical procedures, making several patients ask the query- “is Brazilian Butt lift procedure safe?” Keep reading below to understand the process and its alternative options.
What is a BBL?
A Brazilian butt lift (BBL) surgery is a beautifying procedure that is intended to lift the appearance of buttocks and provide them with an exciting feel. This treatment comprises transferring fat from a particular region of the body to the buttocks. The Brazilian Butt Lift surgery generally requires around two to four hours to be completed under the hands of a specialist. These are the steps that are carried during a Brazilian butt lift procedure:
- Usually, the treatment requires the usage of anesthesia, but in some cases where there is a small quantity of fat to be transferred, specialist doctors do it under local anesthesia or special numbing agents. It is key to inform your doctor about all the previous and existing medicines, any ailments, or other allergies before starting the procedure. If you are allergic to anesthesia, then the doctor may begin by giving anti-nausea medication.
- After the administration of anesthesia and the prescribed time of its set-up, the surgeon will start employing the method of liposuction to drain the fat from other regions of your body like thighs, stomach, hips, etc. The process of liposuction includes making several incisions in the skin and then fixing a medical tube to drain the fat tissues from your body.
- The drained fat from your body is again cleaned and re-injected into the buttock region.
- The cleansed fat is injected into precise buttock regions as per the client’s needs to develop an attractive and round-shaped buttock. The number of incisions will depend on the volume of the treated region and the desired result from the clients.
- The incisions are carefully closed by experts employing the stitches. After the completion of this process, the surgeon will reduce any surgical risks of bleeding by cautiously applying a bandage to the treated regions.
What are the side effects?
The BBL is a risky surgery since it involves certain factors that are common to all surgical procedures. If there are cases of deeper fat injections, there are chances of tearing multiple blood vessels in the buttock region. Due to this, the fat can escape into the human circulatory system and reach the lungs and cause a blood clot. This could lead to depreciation of oxygen levels in the body due to restriction in the lungs proving to be fatal.
Few other aspects can impact the outcome, like the amount of injected fat, the angle of injection, and the type and size of the device used. The performing doctor must be well aware of all the ins and outs, limitations, and complications of the procedure. They should be experienced with the necessary safety precautions, and be clear about the expectations and recovery periods.
Similar to any other cosmetic surgery, even BBL will demand optimal care for few days after the treatment. Patients are not supposed to sleep on their butt for around a couple of weeks after the surgery. You will have to sleep sideways or over the stomach for allowing the treated region to heal properly. The buttocks may be swollen for several during your recovery process.
A patient may require multiple sessions to achieve the precise results as per every patient. In some cases, it can also take close to 6 months before the person begins to see the desired outcomes after the initial treatment.
How are Radiesse injections helpful?
Radiesse injections are best for individuals who want to enhance the appearance of the buttocks in a safer manner. These dermal fillers employ calcium ions to stimulate the production of collagen in the body to deliver the same results as Brazilian butt lifts. Radiesse is usually administered into the facial region due to its wrinkle reduction benefits.
Below are some key points to consider Radiesse over traditional butt lift procedure:
- Even though considered safe under expert supervision, Brazilian Butt lift comprises aggressive liposuction and fat transfer actions. Comparatively, Radiesse is an advanced non-surgical butt enhancement method.
- Radiesse will develop the similar plumping effects of a Brazilian lift by enhancing the contour and eliminating the wrinkles.
- Radiesse offers a smooth lift than the traditional butt lift procedure and is also ideal for other aesthetics uses like adding lost volume and eliminating the issue of cellulite.
- The eligibility of a person to get a traditional butt lift procedure on specific regions of the buttocks is reliant on his body type. But Radiesse does not require any such needs.
- The price of a Brazilian butt lift is much more than the Radiesse injections, especially when it is done at a genuine and experienced aesthetic center.
- A single session of Radiesse treatment may last up to half an hour.
- After a traditional butt lift procedure, you cannot sit on your buttocks or sleep on the back for a scheduled time to allow proper healing. Radiesse injections will only give you some kind of soreness and minor bruising that will let you continue the everyday tasks without any effects.
- Both traditional BBL and Radiesse fillers offer similar outcomes that can stay for many years. The key variation is that the results are quicker with Radiesse and require only two sessions to get desired outcomes.
If you are looking to enhance the look of your buttocks, contact Bella Rose Medical Aesthetics, which only offers low-risk and reasonably priced procedures. Get a Brazilian Buttock Augmentation for the buttocks with Radiesse fillers to eliminate droopy, wrinkled look and get desired outcomes.